Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Cheese

Today, I made a very important discovery. Which was not so much a discovery as a finally getting around to doing something quite obvious. It's because of the snow. A blizzard basically requires hibernation-eating, which for me involves fat, calories, and probably loads of dairy. Those new yoga pants and jeggings notwithstanding.

My favorite combination of fat, calories, and loads of dairy is probably ice cream. But, #Blizzard2015. If there's one thing that looking out the window at the beginning of snowmageddon makes me not want to be, it's cold.

My second favorite dairy food is Tostitos medium salsa con queso. I've never counted the ingredients nor tried to pronounce them because denial is the best medicine. But last night I made a bold move. I bought tortilla chips and no queso. BOLD, I'm telling you. This is the stuff of going out in the middle of the snowpocalypse in northern New Jersey to get queso because I MUST EAT THE CHIPS.

However, it occurred to me that I make cheese sauce pretty often. For, you know, mac 'n cheese, loaded potatoes for dinner, tuna casserole, the list goes on. It's basically its own food group with the under-four crowd. Sooooooo why wouldn't it taste delicious on my nachos?

Well, my cheese sauce looks like this today because I'm a mom and, for at least 3/4 of the time I should have been stirring it, I was instead running around putting food in mouths and wiping peanut butter off of fingers and generally trying to decrease the decibel level. But it is still two things: warm and cheesy. Who doesn't like things that are warm and cheesy?

 Also, I am no dummie, and if there's one thing I've learned from Pinterest and Instagram it's to make sure your cozy fireplace is in the background of your "oh I just randomly snapped this photo" photo. So despite the lumpy cheese sauce, I am doing something right today.

By the way, nachos slide around on a plastic plate like a toddler off of a public restroom seat. This entire plate of queso almost landed in my lap as I photographed it, but for my cat-like reflexes. SAVE THE CHEESE. And the yoga pants.

So this is me, pretending all of my children are sleeping while I devour enough nachos and cheese to get me through the long, cold winter.

What are you eating doing today to keep you warm?

No comments:

Post a Comment