Blogging From the Surface of the Sun

I'm writing this at 11pm, which makes this post somewhat akin to a unicorn and means that Oliver is for some reason not singing his 10:45 "I miss you momma" song on the monitor.

I don't usually get inspiration this late so you know I took a nap or drank wine or something. (Oh fudge. It was the fudge.)

Anyway I was getting ready for bed tonight when I glanced in the mirror and thought wow, self, looking good. You are really bouncing back from that whole third baby ordeal. Nice. 

And then I spotted my glasses sitting on the dresser, which explains that particular moment of self pride.

In other news, my bedside lamp died today so Joel replaced it temporarily with this goose neck one my parents gave us. It is usually my sewing lamp. Which means it is not so much setting the ambiance. The light bulb is literally too large for the decorative frosted lampshade and looks to be about 900 watts.  It is like having the sun in our room at night. Every time Joel looks over from his side of the bed, he makes this super dramatic reaction like all of his retinal cones are simultaneously combusting. So I wait just long enough to seem casual and nonchalant and then say, "Hey Joel" and wait for him to look over and go blind again.

The best part is that it has worked three times. Poor Joel, just trying to read his book. (Fourth time is not the charm, btw, he is totally wise to me now. He said, "I'M NOT LOOKING.")

As an aside, the next time I blog from my phone I'm just going to leave all of the autocorrects and see if you can translate what I've said. It's amazing.

We've made it to 11:05 with no caterwauling so now that I've typed that baby boy will no doubt shatter the silence. Or wait til I am enjoying that last snuggle into my electric blanket where the covers are just right and my eyes are closing and I've found the perfect spot on my pillow because HE KNOWS. 

No but really. I'm signing off so that I can pretend to go to sleep but actually end up in his room within the next forty five seconds. Sweet dreams, tall.

And sweet dreams, autocorrect.

ETA: Oliver woke up at 11:17 as my head hit the pillow. Called it.






No comments:

Post a Comment