Mikayla did not go down until midnight last night due to some gassiness or a Spirit-led desire to sanctify her mother. We nursed again at 3:30 and 7:40 and were just about to go down for our traditional morning nap at 8:30 when it started.
Why, Lord, are the neighbors laying carpet in their bedroom at 8:30 in the morning?
The last hour has involved me in my bathrobe trying to stay a room ahead of the carpet-laying endeavors next door as my baby tries to sleep. Right now she is in her swing with white noise blasting in her face, bless her heart. She is darn near sleeping through the ruckus!
Oh my.
Hey, I think it's over! I can hear them packing up to leave. Must be nice, coming into a home for a short hour and a half, throwing an innocent baby off what small semblance of a schedule she has, and waltzing back out to continue your day.
This is where I go spend some time in prayer for that sanctification...after I fetch my crying baby...no seriously, I hope that the Lord uses these challenging moments to grow me in Christlikeness. I have so far to go!
SDG!
No comments:
Post a Comment