An actual conversation, copied and pasted from Gmail chat:
me: Laura's in the hospital working on having her baby, so that'll be two down from our birth class. I almost cried when I read it (though I think she was due before me) because I am now certain that I will be pregnant forever
Joel: Honey, you won't be.
We're still a week away from the due date!
Your pelvis will open, and the baby will descend, like millions of babies before him/her (quote from birth class).
me: yeah yeah....
It feels like my pelvis IS open and the baby IS descending, and will remain halfway down for the rest of my LIFE.
But I have to acknowledge that you are probably right.
But I have to acknowledge that you are probably right.
Joel: Probably.
I mean, I could be wrong, and you could be pregnant forever, and we could be in the guinness book of world records, and then you could give birth in 50 years, and we could name him or her Benjamin Button.
In all seriousness, major congratulations to both Angie and Laura, ladies from our birth class who have welcomed or are welcoming their little girls! I hope to join you in the ranks of motherhood someday...
Is that melodrama that I smell?
ReplyDeleteI know you didn't just accuse a 9 3/4 month pregnant woman of being melodramatic. That is some risky business you are stepping into, my friend!
ReplyDelete