Welcome, Mikayla Grace!

With the help of the Lord and a fantastic midwife, Joel and I welcomed our precious Mikayla Grace into the world at 10:18 a.m. on Wednesday, January 12, 2011. (Even better than making it for a 1/11/11 birth, she has a palindrome birth date of 1/12/11!) She weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz, and was 21 1/2 inches long.


We had a near-perfect birthing experience, other than a little back labor for a few hours and having to finish the delivery outside of the birth tub due to meconium staining. All told, labor lasted just over 11 hours. I'm working on writing up the whole birth story and will post it here when I'm finished. Thank you to all who have been praying for us, that Mikayla would arrive soon and with a safe delivery. We truly have been far more blessed than we deserve in both pregnancy and birth. It went so well that we went home a short 4 hours after Mikayla was born!


Truly the Lord has smiled upon us in this season, and our hearts are grateful. Glory be to Him alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment