Alligators and a Future Blogger

This morning, I was getting ready for work when I heard the pitter patter of little feet and the telltale whimper that means Mikayla awoke before her time. She appeared in my doorway with fuzzy bed head and squinty eyes. "I want to push it. I want to push it!"

Umm....okay?

"Mikayla, what do you want to push?"

With increased agitation, "I want to push it!"

"Okay Mikayla, you may push it.....what do you want to push?"

"I want to push the alligator!"

"You bet, Mikayla. So...what alligator do you want to push?"

Without replying, she scurried off and disappeared back into her room. I heard her bedroom door close with its characteristic rattle and squeak, and then silence. I can only presume that she returned to bed or mourned for the next twenty-five minutes on our extreme lack of alligators.

Just now, I asked if she remembered what she said to me this morning. She didn't, so I reminded her about the whole alligator pushing thing. Without prompting, she told me that she dreamed about the alligator. I'm not sure whether she understands the concept of dreaming, or if the babysitter perhaps was talking to her about it earlier.

Either way...it was one for the journal.

Also, "the deal" was that if Mikayla let me finish this post without pushing all of the keyboard keys (particularly "caps lock" and "num lock", which glow green, and "delete", which for some reason holds great allure), she would be allowed to type a little something for you all. Folks, my daughter's blogging debut:

n v
          9kj

[Mikayla just spent several minutes lightly scuffling her fingers over the keyboard, no doubt in attempt to mimic her Momma's speedy, light-as-a-feather typing style. The above characters were the only ones to register. She then tried to push the "Publish" button with her finger as if this were the touch-screen phone she is used to navigating. Ahead of their time, these little ones are!]

And in closing, Mikayla would like to share the following silly face with her blog audience.


And a big smile to say "thank you for bearing with all my silliness!"


What a precious gift she is! Thank you, Lord, for my sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment