We had never run into this issue at our house before, seeing as how our sweet daughter still doesn't have enough hair for a proper ponytail, let alone need a hair cut. But Isaac has regularly been sweating through his thick mop of hair. You might not know it from the front, but this kid can grow a mullet like nobody's business. His poor neck was getting heat rash from all the unwanted insulation!
Something had to be done.
And that "something" involved a kitchen chair, booster seat, backwards bib, and dadda's hair clippers. We are very serious about giving our children the professional-grade salon experience.
A few before photos, in which Isaac's shorts appear to be mistaking him for an 80 year old man and are doing the slow climb.
Do you SEE the flowing mane gracing the rear of his head? And Isaac's hair is getting long, too. Not to mention his ridiculous two-inch cowlick that I never noticed til reviewing these photos. You'd think I would have noticed a giant lock of hair pointing across the room, but no.
I know, that's a lot of "before" photos, but some of them were too cute to exclude.
Isaac enjoyed, or at least seemed unfazed by, his salon treatment. He hardly blinked an eye the entire time. Dadda entertained him with some photos on his phone, and big sister cheered him on, but he pretty much sat like this the entire time:
Can you believe the amount of hair in these clippers? I was stunned at how long his mullet had grown. I mean, I could tell there was a party in the back, but this was a serious hair carnival.
And my precious baby boy looking suddenly grown up:
(No you cannot have him, HE'S MINE!!)
Seeing the "after" photos (and all the hair in the trash can!), I am realizing how deceptively long his hair was. Doesn't he look so dapper and clean-cut now? If the young ladies at church loved him before, they will be absolutely gaga now. I think his big blue eyes really pop now that his hair is more understated. Also, hopefully this lets his neck breathe a little better and cuts down on the head-sweat when we are out enjoying summer.
Ugh, I just LOVE my little guy! His new look will take some getting used to. I can't wait to see how long it takes me tomorrow morning while, half-awake, I try to figure out who the handsome young man in the crib is.
No comments:
Post a Comment