So maybe a month ago, I posted a photo to Facebook of my crazy kiddos helping in the kitchen. It looked something like this:
Please note my topless daughter and my son wearing his manly, floral apron.
This is a post about how a dear friend, Kathy K., pitied my children and took matters into her own hands to provide appropriate kitchen attire for my little ones. She surprised them with a gift of these aprons when she and Brent hosted us on our way to South Carolina. We had stopped in our old stomping ground of Virginia Beach, and the K.'s are some of our dearest friends there. But this is not a post about that, per se (our visit there could easily be a blog miniseries; the friends! the food! the singing! the head injuries!). This post is about the cuteness that Kathy K. created.
But look, these kiddos are ready for anything in the kitchen! Thank you, Kathy K.! It's hard to get a 15 month old to hold still or turn in the right direction without using duct tape, and since I was fresh out, you can't tell that there is a cool truck on the front of Isaac's masculine green and blue apron. I can't wait to see him behind the grill with his dadda this summer. Meanwhile, Mikayla's apron incorporates beautiful pink and orange colors with some brown.
You can tell Isaac likes his because he wasn't crying and freaking out about having something tied behind his back. In fact, he walked over to me and ducked his head through the loop so that I could put it on him.
What a wonderful reminder, as these little aprons hang in our kitchen, of precious friends whose love spans the miles and years. And who definitely wield a sewing machine more deftly than I. So thankful that we are one in Christ, and were blessed to share some sweet time eating, visiting, and singing with you all down south! And thankful that Isaac's head is healing nicely as well. What can I say, it was a memorable visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment