Why I Don't Blog

Things I have done today, since waking up at 5:30 to nurse Isaac:

  • Shower (possibly the most noteworthy item on this list).
  • Watched a new refrigerator being delivered (no wait, THIS is the most noteworthy thing on the list!).
  • Shopped for postpartum professional wardrobe, because I have been pregnant for the last two summers. Found six tops and two pairs of adorable shoes (ok, so there are a lot of important things that have happened today...).
  • Organized and finished unpacking entire wardrobe.
  • Made bed (added actual bed coverings and throw pillows).
  • Helped Joel clear insulation away from shower light, so that it stays on for longer than five minutes without overheating.
  • Load #1 of laundry for the day.

    Still to do:
  • Hang light-blocking curtains in Mikayla's room.
  • Help Joel build our guest bed.
  • Make guest bed.
  • Loads #2 and 3 for the day.
  • Make and consume a delicious dinner that involves actual perishable food from a refrigerator that works.
  • Bathe children (this should be higher on the list, considering how [not] often it happens!).
For right now, sitting and updating the blog makes for a nice breather. But listing out all the things that need to be done around here (and this is pretty representative of the past few weeks, with two kiddos and the big move) makes me feel better about such sparse blog posts of late. I hope, once we are more settled, to add some pictures of the new digs and of the kiddos enjoying their new space.

Mikayla just woke up...time for a diaper change, and then those curtains! Which I'm sure will be a breeze with a one-and-a-half-year-old helping, right?

So blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment