It's Not Tweeting, It's...Something Else

I just want to write about the every-day stuff that fills up my heart. Lengthy, well-organized blog posts are not my current genre. It's all about capturing the moments that make the whirlwind of motherhood so rewarding. (Is it this mindset that catapulted Twitter to such success? Shoot. I hate accidentally supporting cultural trends that I claim to disdain.)

This Mikayla Moment already made it onto Facebook, but here it is again so that I can keep it neatly tagged and labeled and find it again someday (though Facebook Timeline is just so user-friendly, it almost feels redundant....right?). (Was that seriously my second social networking reference in one blog post?)

The other day, I was nursing Isaac - precious, handsome, dimple-grinned Isaac - while Mikayla and I watched an episode of Veggie Tales. Suddenly I felt something warm and wet on my shin. I looked down, and she was licking my leg up and down, eyes still glued to the TV screen. Up and down. Up and down. A short left to right for variety. She looked at me once real quick, tongue still hanging out, and then back to my leg. What a goofball!

Also, I gave her one of my old small purses when we moved. She carries it around, hanging by the strap from the crook of her elbow, and I swear that girl struts when she carries her big-girl purse. And she knows what it's called, too. Her vocabulary is starting to explode....I'm sure that her language growth is about to become asymptotic.

That means "approaching infinity but never actually reaching it".  And you thought I'd never use calculus in real life...I didn't even have to google that.

Purse, trash, pets (short for Wonderpets), more, cheese ("ch!"), cracker, car, bath, diaper, night night, off (invaluable when she wants to remove a shoe or sweatshirt or unbuckle a strap or...) and of course momma, dadda, ikey, papa.

Isaac LOVES her. She shows him her toys and he just grins away with those fat, dimpled cheeks. What a lucky little brother, and what a blessed big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment