Mikayla Outside

Today, it was not hotter than the devil's hiney outside. Mikayla and I celebrated by playing outside, and we even let Isaac watch for a little while. We laid out a blanket for sitting and blowing bubbles; it mostly worked, though I added too much baking powder to the recipe, and I blame that mistake for our bubbles being slightly subpar. But Mikayla was fascinated by the shiny, poppable balls and even more so by the container of bubble solution right next to her. We splashed and played and didn't care at all that we soaked the blanket and ourselves. What's a summer day for, if not to get all wet while you play? I captured a few videos of Mikayla checking out her new backyard. Previewing them on my computer, it sounds like I am using some kind of electronic voice-masking device. Or maybe narration is provided by the robot lady who lives in James Bond's car and talks to him. I have such a great phone!



Mikayla learns about bubbles. She stirs, she tastes, she styles her hair...
oh, and she attempts to blow a few, as well.


 
Mikayla chases a ball, and blows on a moth as it flutters by. We blow pillow feathers in the air inside, and I'm guessing she thought the moth was a feather. I love watching her make connections like that! Also at the very end, instead of blowing a kiss, she comes over to my phone and kisses the display.



More fun with the ball and bubbles. Try not to be too amazed by my fancy camera work...
view with caution if you are prone to motion sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment