Another list, in no particular order. (I think listy blog posts are my brain's feeble attempt at becoming more organized. [It's not working.])
1. Pack birth center bag.
1a. Obtain items for birth center bag - i.e. baby apparel, nursing bra, 40 million other things "they" say you need to birth a baby and successfully get him/her home. What happened to the good old days when all you needed was a pot of hot water, a towel, string, and maybe a diaper?
2. Write birth plan.
3. Find a pediatrician.
3a. Have pediatrician sign birth center letter, and return at next midwife appointment.
4. Make freeze-ahead meals for after the baby comes.
5. Organize client information for substitute therapists during maternity leave.
6. Tidy, dust, sweep, mop, launder, wash...
7. Bradley class daily exercises - pelvic rocks, kegels, stretches
8. Finish knitting baby hat(s)
9. Wrap Christmas gifts
10. Bake Christmas cookies
11. Christmas cards?!?!?
12. Bake pies for Thanksgiving dinner.
If you had to prioritize, in what order would you put these tasks? All I know is that number 6 is in great peril, whereas number 8 sounds pretty good, just til I fall asleep...
I will take number two off your list.
ReplyDelete1) open wide
2) push
Not that giving birth is easy, the plan part is pretty simple, there have been illiterate woman all over the world successfully giving birth for centuries. Don't let the modern American "Baby Industry" complicate things.
Haha, I intend to keep it as simple as possible - and in fact, that's pretty much what's going into the birth plan. It's sad that the modern American "Baby Industry" is exactly what is encouraging au naturel parents-to-be like us to write birth plans specifying which interventions we DON'T want - epidural, pitocin or other augmentation drugs, etc. - if we can safely avoid them. But I will definitely lead with your two-step method when I write the plan, Bruce! I'm sure the midwives will appreciate it :-).
ReplyDelete