Preggo Brain Strikes Again! (And again...)

As I sit here licking the spoon after my recent foray into brownie-making, I simply must share with you the latest in a long series of pregnant-brain anecdotes. Truly, I am grateful to have something on which to blame these impressive lapses in intellect.

It started innocently enough, as I was gathering ingredients for brownies for tomorrow's chuch picnic. Vegetable oil, check. Brownie mix, check (don't judge, I'm making the crock pot beans from scratch!). Eggs....oh no! The bottom right refrigerator shelf is empty! My mental process went something like this: How can we be completely out of eggs? Surely Joel wouldn't have used the last of them knowing I had to make brownies today? I don't want to buy more, since we are getting a dozen tomorrow from our farm-fresh supplier (read: Laurie Troxell, fantastic friend!). Dang it! What am I going to do?

I went so far as to Google egg substitutions.

Having found an acceptable alternative, I went to the fridge for the applesauce and then to the mixing bowl....next to which I found a carton full of eleven eggs. Words cannot describe the gratitude I felt for being alone at that moment.

It kind of reminded me of that time (last night) when I wanted to mix up more cinnamon-sugar for some toast (at 11:30 p.m.) and went all over the apartment looking for my laptop to Google the right proportions of cinnamon to sugar (ever the perfectionist). I found Joel using a laptop in the bedroom and asked whether it was his or mine, to which he replied that my laptop was in the kitchen.

Yeah. You'll never guess where I found it. Right next to the sugar canister I had abandoned in order to find my laptop.

Dang it, I forgot to set the timer for the brownies! Gotta run!

(The fact that I have a doctorate is so ironic right now. What do you mean, you don't want me responsible for diagnosing and treating your mental health concerns?)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! My genius daughter has become absent minded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can blame it on the pregnancy, right, mom??

    ReplyDelete