And I don't mean the kind from 7-11.
For the past month or so, I have been waiting to hear about a potential postdoctoral residency near Lancaster. This is one that I was blessed to be connected with through dear friends at church (thank you, Migdalia, if you're listening!). The interview process went fabulously, and the practice is a small one comprised of Christian clinicians - to me, there could not be a more desirable place to serve as a resident and, hopefully, as a psychologist once I'm licensed.
Enter: Baby Pearce
How does one navigate the interview and potential hiring process while pregnant? I have wrestled with the question of when to let the practice know about my pregnancy, and heard myriad opinions on all sides: don't tell them til after you get an offer, because it could bias their opinion and damage your chances of getting the position! Tell them as soon as possible, it would be unfair to withhold such an important factor from the discussion, etc. What to do?
After much prayer and reflection, it seems inevitable to me that I must act with integrity and trust the Lord in this, as in all things. Thankfully they are Christian folks, and I acknowledged some of these things when I gave them the news.
So....now they know. Or will as soon as they check their email. Please join me in praying that the Lord will help us to trust Him with this opportunity, and that if it is His will, I'll be offered the residency sometime next week. It is easy to view my pregnancy right now with just the slightest tinge of discontent, thinking that this isn't the most ideal timing. This, coming from a woman who has poured out prayers and tears before the Lord, longing for a child! How like Israel I prove myself to be, time and again!
Lord, teach me contentment and trust in this season of pregnancy, even as I reach new depths of sinful self-centeredness.
As Joel reminded me, whether I get this job or not, I have a little baby inside me. This reminder silenced me in gratitude. Brothers and sisters, I would not trade this sweet blessing for any job or for all the money in the world! This is truly a wonderful gift from the Lord, and He WILL continue to provide all our needs, just as He has during our first four poor years of marriage. We have all that we could want in Him, in the blessings of salvation, our marriage, our church, and our expanding family. All else is dust in the wind, after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment