Sweet baby boy, I know your big sister gets most of the attention at the moment because she is on the outside, and learning all sorts of new things every day. But you know what? You are so close to my heart, with me wherever I go, and your presence is so precious to me whether it's obvious to others or not. Today we have been together for 37 weeks, which means you could really decide to be born at any time now! And my sweet, we are so ready for you! My arms are longing for your tiny form, to hold you close, and I look forward to the long hours of nourishing and soothing and diapering you around the clock.
You seem like a mellow baby so far. You kick and roll and exercise your little muscles, but I don't think you have quite the vigor that your big sister did in my belly. I wonder if this will carry over in your personality after you are born, whether you will seem quiet and peaceful, or whether you have just been fooling me so far. I've also noticed that you hardly ever get hiccups, which is another marked difference between Mikayla and you! You are lower at this point than she was, though, and constantly remind me of your position with pressure on, well, everything. My hips feel as though they are spreading open with every step, and you squish my bladder especially when I stand up, as you settle down into place. Rolling over at night is quite the challenge too, as you are growing and gaining weight every day.
At my midwife appointment last week (36 weeks), Nancy said that you are moving lower, head down, and that my body is starting to prepare for your birth. I was 1.5 cm dilated and effacing nicely. I've had a burst of nesting energy lately that makes me wonder how soon you will be here, too. Sweet boy, have I mentioned how very excited we are to meet you?? I am so eager for that first labor pang that tells me you are on your way!
So don't wait too much longer, ok?
All my love,
Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment