Just Don't Play "Butterfly Kisses"

I am super emotional this morning and I'm not sure why. Not really tired, not really stressed. Just...pregnant! And thinking about our little man ever since I woke up. The moment my eyes opened this morning, I felt him kick and I called him by name. Good morning, precious boy!

Thinking about it brings tears to my eyes.

Also, I started to cry listening to Indelible Grace's version of "The Church's One Foundation". The line where "the great Church victorious shall be the Church at rest" just got to me. I don't know, people, I'm just reporting the facts as I experienced them.

So now I'm sitting here just eating some breakfast (homemade raisin granola bars fresh from the oven; slightly crumbly, but oh so buttery and delicious) and every time I feel our son wiggling around in my belly, the emotions are almost overwhelming. I suppose these are the moments a second-time-momma ought to cherish and treasure in her heart. My firstborn is sleeping peacefully and it's just little 2P and me enjoying each other.

But as with most momma moments, this one is not to last very long. My sweet sister in law Becca is on her way to visit with her kiddos, AND sister in law Amy, who is by far the coolest aunt among us (sorry Becca...I've come to accept it already, personally) is planning to stop by this afternoon, too! Dinner is in the crock pot and granola bars are made, but do you think I look remotely presentable? Time to dash through the motions of making myself fit for company and then back down to do the same for this poor kitchen!

SDG!

No comments:

Post a Comment