My Glutuses are Definitely Maximused

Today, I almost left my baby motherless on the side of the road.

I also learned that the only way to make myself climb a long, steep hill is to place my living room couch squarely at the top of it.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, to get outside and enjoy a beautiful, warm day as well as burn a few extra calories. I expected both my mood and waistline to thank me. What better ambition for a new mom hoping to shed a few pounds, than to go for a walk through the local park? I realized that said park lay significantly downhill from my house (as in, people come from miles around to sled on this hill), but thought this would simply add a nice cardio element to my walk.

I don't think it is an exaggeration to say that I almost died. Chugging it up the Akron hill pushing Mikayla in her stroller (and she is no dainty peanut) was harder than most workouts I have subjected myself to, like, ever in my life. If I had encountered that kind of calf burning on the elliptical machine at the Grove City College gym, I would have subtly bumped it down a notch or six and nobody would have been the wiser. But, like I said, the best motivator was knowing that I would never see my couch again if I didn't persevere. It was kind of like childbirth, in the sense that the only way out of it is through it, only without a trained medical professional there to help.

In the end, I obviously made it home to both my couch and laptop. I can't wait to do it again next year!

2 comments:

  1. I like the "I can't wait to do it again next year" line...haha! My doc said, after Liam was born, "Remember to take it easy when you start exercising, you are deconditioned." This should have been mentioned to you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if I should be amused or feel sympathy, maybe both.

    ReplyDelete