We've been trying off and on over the past week or so to have daddy feel your movement. Last night, you were on a gut-churning rampage, kicking every few seconds while we were lying in bed praying and reading. Your daddy placed his hand on my belly, and he could feel you!! It was such an exciting, yet tender, moment for daddy to finally feel the vigorous movements of his little one. I wish I could have a photograph of the look on his face! He thought it was just the coolest thing.
Tiny darling, it doesn't bother me that you don't let me sleep comfortably, or that you wake me up three times a night by (seemingly) sitting directly on top of my bladder. I love feeling your kicks and flutters that let me know you are healthy and strong! And now your daddy loves to feel them, too. I'm glad you're active enough that we can let him in on your movements - he just loves to be involved with you any way he can! Precious baby of ours, we love you so much. Perhaps last night you just knew we were praying for your growth and health, and wanted us to know that our prayers are being answered. Or perhaps you just felt like stretching a bit, and testing the limits of your little home.
Keep on kicking, my love! And certainly keep on growing! People around me can easily tell that you're in there now. They are starting to place bets on whether you are a boy or a girl. You are active enough to be an exuberant little boy, but maybe you're just a strong-willed little girl like your mama was, already letting me know in no uncertain terms that you're a force to be reckoned with! There are so many funny ways for me to "find out" your gender, from examining the shape of my belly to dangling a string over myself to see which way it goes. But as much of a planner as I like to be, I am content to wait a bit longer and enjoy the mystery of pregnancy and a baby growing in my womb.
So many people are looking forward to meeting you, little one, but above all, your daddy and I try to imagine the first moments of meeting and holding you as you come into the world. Just thinking about the first precious minutes of your life with us brings tears to my eyes. What a miracle! I'm certain my little mind can do it no justice as I picture the hard work of labor, you being born, and your daddy handing you to me. Oh my darling....know you are so loved!
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment