Whirlwind Weeks

It's difficult to believe how quickly the weeks are going by. Not only am I counting weeks of pregnancy (15), but I'm also counting down the weeks until my internship ends (only 5!). And we've also been counting down to our move, which begins tomorrow(!!). In the midst of all this counting, I've had little time for blogging - but plenty of time to notice and treasure all that's happening with our precious little one.

Most notably, I've been experiencing more round ligament pains in the past few weeks. In the last couple of days I've also started to feel some minor cramping off and on. I'm not sure whether that's just the old woom-bah stretching to accommodate our growing baby (now the size of a large navel orange) or possibly the beginnings of Braxton-Hicks contractions, which I read can begin as early as 15 or 16 weeks.

And I can really tell that our sweet pea is growing! Between frequent trips to the bathroom and pants getting tighter and tighter....it's a weird sensation to feel one of my organs gradually enlarging, but it is the coolest thing ever to pick up the heartbeat more and more easily with our borrowed home doppler. Last night I had my first conversation with baby Hugo as I listened to his/her heartbeat. I'm happy to report that Hugo is feeling great, highly active, and can't wait until I can feel him/her kicking me in the stomach. Hugo also can't wait to meet us all in person, but I think that was assumed. I look forward to moving into the house in the next week, and starting to set up Hugo's room - then we can sit in there, and I can tell him/her all about the room we have ready and waiting to greet him/her!

Incidentally, the pronouns are getting a bit cumbersome, aren't they? That's one reason why it would be nice to find out whether Hugo is a he or a she...but, alas, we shall be stuck with the gender ambiguity and multiple pronouns all the way until January 14ish. At which time it will hopefully become very, very clear whether Hugo is a he or a she.

So. "Our" house now has all its new carpeting, new appliances, new windows, fresh paint, remodeled bathroom, and new countertops and is waiting to receive our first load of stuff tomorrow. I think I will take a load of laundry to do while we're there just because I CAN. And I won't need any quarters to do it. Heaven? I think so.

And, quick update on the job: Dr. Elizabeth Pearce will officially begin at Providence Behavioral Health on September 13! I suppose this is still slightly contingent upon my references not telling EVERYTHING they know about me, but the practice has already ordered billing receipts with my name on them. So I'm pretty sure that it's a done deal. Pre-order your copy of my new business card now!

The best part about my new job? They are super excited to help support me through pregnancy, and to give me all the time off I requested when the baby comes. The clinical director there asked me all about my pregnancy so far, and told me that she will be watching to make sure I am a mommy first and a clinician second. She emphasized that if I feel too overburdened or strained, or as though I'm not seeing my baby enough, I can talk to her about my hours and workload. I feel so blessed to be joining such a warm, supportive group of Christians who are encouraging me to have a family rather than seeing it as a possible roadblock to a career.

Thanks to our family and friends for your prayers and encouragement. The Lord is opening His storehouses and showing His goodness in tangible ways for us. We pray that He will help us to use our new circumstances to demonstrate His love and generosity to others, for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment