Week 14 Update

In two days, I will be 14 weeks pregnant. I had my second prenatal visit yesterday with a midwife, and she clocked Hugo's heart rate at 160 bpm. Also, my blood pressure is fine. That's about it from the check-up, but in other news...

(Hugo is our current nickname for the baby, fyi. Along with peewee, sweet pea and "our little potato".) This is what he or she might look like right this minute:


Theoretically I am into the second trimester, but so far the experience has been somewhat different from what I expected. The fabled energy boost definitely has yet to become a reality. In fact, I have been more tired than ever before during the past week. I feel like I have mono, except this time I haven't been kissing all the boys (my hilarious Mexican doctor, whom we fondly called the "frito bandito", insisted this was how I contracted mono in college.)

Two nights ago, I got a solid 8 hours of sleep (except for the predictable 2:00 bathroom visit). I woke feeling more refreshed than I had over the weekend. By the time I got to work, I had a headache and could barely keep my eyes open. Having struggled through the day, I headed to the Kayes' to babysit Khloe for a few hours. I think both of us were in a similar place with regard to fatigue, which did neither of us any favors. She finally fell asleep, and I napped for about an hour til Brittany got home. I, in turn, arrived home around 9:30 and immediately went to bed. This morning I helped myself to an extra hour of sleep and came into work a little late. I feel...like a normal human being. Not super refreshed, but fairly normal.

Also. I finished breakfast literally 15 minutes ago (I was a grazer this morning...pineapple and cottage cheese, eaten leisurely at my desk) and my stomach is starting to growl.

In sum, I'm actually feeling more pregnant and out-of-sorts than all through the first trimester. Or at the very least, it doesn't feel as though anything has changed. Maybe my body is on the "gestation" or "conception" method of trimester calculation and didn't get the memo that thus saith the mama, the second trimester hath already begun! What, I can't speak it into reality? You mean the Word-Faith movement is bunk? Well crap.

I'm so excited to move in a couple of weeks. Really I am, and I am so grateful that we get to stretch the move over a span of a whole week. Because doing it all in one day? Now that would be magical. I would have to take the next month off of work to recover.

Speaking of the move, our landlords painted the second bedroom a sweet, soft shade of yellow. It's going to be just perfect! And the new refrigerator and stove are slated to arrive Saturday, and the new carpet within a few days of that. The bathroom is coming along, with a brand new enclosed bathtub/shower. Friends, moldy grout is about to become a thing of my past. The house is super exciting, even if the only bathroom is on the second floor (hey, it will keep me exercising throughout the pregnancy!). We signed the lease on Monday so...I sure hope this job thing works out...

Thanks for checking in! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great plug for Word-Faith. You are the coolest mama blogger I know :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Name it and claim it, baby :-).

    ReplyDelete