Tiny one, it's hard to believe that already you are as large as a blueberry or a grape. Soon, when I write to you, I will have to address you as my not-so-tiny one! This week, so many miraculous changes are happening in your body. Your eyes have a retina and a lens, and your muscles are beginning to develop. You're beginning to produce your own blood. Your tiny organs, future teeth, and microscopic fingers and toes, are all there being knitted together. How I love each of your tiny parts! How fierce already is my motherly protection over you! Who dares to claim that life does not begin at conception, that you are not already my beloved child?
On my end, I have been feeling your presence more and more as the days go by. Brittany's BellaBand is my hero, helping me to be comfortable in my ever-tightening work pants. I know you can't be that big yet, but my body is expanding and getting ready for you (and, I dare say, retaining plenty of fluid to cushion your little home). I have felt more sick lately, especially Friday morning as I drove to a job interview. I almost pulled over on three separate occasions, but managed to swallow the urge (literally). And wow, the trips to the bathroom! The other night I woke up not once, but three times with an urgent need to GO. And then again, promptly at 7:30 a.m. For someone so tiny, you sure are having a huge effect!
And the digestive cycle goes something like this: Starving --> Eat --> Uncomfortably full (regardless of amount eaten) --> Queasy --> Starving!
There's also usually the insurmountable drowsiness that follows a decent meal.
We'll have to check in with your dad to see how the hormones and emotions have been doing lately. Thankfully, he's a fast learner, and lives to serve us both. Perhaps I can get him to write you a little something one of these days.
Ah, the never ending question of pregnancy just popped up yet again: Will the kitchen or the bathroom win out? Gotta run...
*ETA: I just remembered that we have chips and queso. Decision made, kitchen it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment