When They Grow Up

As the kids were eating their snack of cheddar cheese and Rye with Caraway Seeds Triscuits (my toddlers have the palate of middle-aged men), Isaac asked me to sing my lullaby. One of the lines is, "Who will you be tomorrow? What are the paths you will follow?"

Mikayla interjected then with, "I will be a mommy!"

"I hope so, sweet girl."

Isaac, predictably, then declared, "I will be a daddy!"

"I hope so, buddy."

And then M again: "I will follow Jesus!"

Oh my melting heart. But wait... "I will follow Jesus there, and there, and there, and there!" This devolved into several minutes of my children giggling and pointing to all the places where they will follow Jesus. A bit literal, but still cute. Finally Mikayla reiterated, "I will follow God everywhere he goes!"

Bless. I hope so, sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment