This evening, I stopped for dinner on my way home for dinner. You read that correctly. I justified the decision because the minivan desperately needed gasoline, and my sister in law was texting me about pie recipes for Thanksgiving. Obviously, the Sheetz MTO practically ordered itself.
And yes, I still ate dinner when I got home.
But this isn't about my gluttony (entirely). It's about the random thoughts I found going through my head, and my inexplicable desire to share them with a wider audience. Because if I thought my thoughts were hilarious, surely you will...right?
#1, on my way out the door at Sheetz, already starting to unwrap my MTO: "Don't judge me, I'm pregnant. My pants aren't even buttoned right now."
No idea what the state of my buttons had to do with anything, but there you go.
#2, putzing along in the slow right lane on the highway: "Wow, this whole right lane must be people eating their Sheetz MTO's on their way home."
Nothing like a little projection to assuage the guilt of impulse food. Yes, everybody else must be as self-indulgent and uncontrolled as me.
#3, approaching my exit: "I bet I'll have this finished in time to stop at the next Sheetz for something else."
Yes, yes I did have it finished in plenty of time. And it was a long ninety seconds at that red light as I willed myself not to make the left toward the Sheetz.
#4, not a one-time thought but characteristic of my entire eleven minutes from Sheetz to home: "That was the best $3.61 I have ever spent."
Imagine my delight when I got home to Joel already heating leftovers. Chicken and stuffing, and glazed carrots were the perfect follow-up to my six-inch on Italian herb, with every topping except the jalapenos, added American cheese (did you know they charge $0.40 to add cheese to an Italian sub? They know where to get you. It's like charging for grocery bags...you're obviously not NOT going to use them so of course you'd have to pay, unless you brought your own, and it just seems awkward to bring my own cheese into Sheetz. But I digress...), and their delicious fire-roasted tomato sauce.
Hopefully that'll hold me over until the 8:30 second-dinner hunger pangs strike. I must be carrying a girl, seriously.
(The hangry reference in the title comes from here....HT to Christina, this describes me perfectly, like, every day!)
No comments:
Post a Comment