I don't know about you, but I can hardly believe that we are in week 29 of this pregnancy already! Third trimester is here, and I am visiting my midwife every other week. I'm measuring right on target for belly/baby size, and my weight gain is still definitely low compared to last pregnancy (although Christmas cookies have not helped at all, whatsoever). Overall, I feel good. Little 2P is getting bigger by the minute and continues to do plenty of flip flops to let me know he is healthy and strong!
Life has been so busy, which I'm sure contributes to the blinding speed of this pregnancy. Christmas preparations and celebrations, work responsibilities, studying for the EPPP (licensure exam for me). Oh, and watch for a blog post covering Mikayla's first birthday parties (!!). One happened just after Christmas in New Jersey, and the other will take place when we visit my parents in January, closer to her actual birthdate. Spoiler alert: this girl loves cake!
And the nesting? OH my my. Despite nursing a cold and sore throat for the past four days, I was upstairs yesterday clearing out drawers in the nursery and reorganizing the hall closet to make room for 2P's things. I have a TON of boy clothes, thanks to my dear sister passing along some of Elijah's clothes, and a few friends who also had boy clothes to give. My goal today, if I have the energy, is to do yet another clothing swap, putting away Mikayla's 9-12 stuff and pulling down the 18 month bin. And we will be ready to set up crib #2 as soon as we invite a friend over to help Joel move the mattress and box spring up to the attic, since we took the guest bed down a few weeks ago.
Phew!
This flurry of activity is, I'm sure, related to the start of the New Year and my closing in on the week 30 mark. In my mind, "after the holidays" and "January" have been the objects of my baby-prep procrastination. And now that those are actually drawing quite, quite near, the reality of having this baby soon is hitting me (well, us, if I may speak for Joel as well). Once we are into January, this baby will be here in just two months! Yikes! And I need to fit in a licensure exam and wrapping up loose ends at work before it all goes down.
Overwhelmed? Not at all...ok yes, a little...but with a supportive hubby who is finished with school (a Master of the Masters!), we should be able to get all these preparations knocked out in a timely manner.
Off to wash some diapers...and organize some baby clothes...and then collapse into a heap of sick tiredness for awhile. Stay tuned for "during" and "after" pictures of the nursery as it transitions from a one-baby room to a two-baby circus!
SDG!
No comments:
Post a Comment