Confession: I was pregnant with Mikayla at the same time that my SIL was expecting #2, and I was completely engrossed in every developmental milestone of every week. At the drop of a hat, I could have told you how far along I was (probably in hours) and the precise size of my growing baby and which organ systems began to function that week. I wondered why in the world my SIL was neglecting fun pregnancy details like the belly progression pics.
I bet it had nothing to do with running around after her firstborn. It's not like that takes time and energy away from constantly focusing on your growing belly. (Yeah...Enter Mikayla, the most eye-opening little person in my entire life.)
So my first belly photo at almost 18 weeks will hopefully represent my eating of a little crow and a newfound understanding of second time (and third, and fourth...) mommas-to-be. Blink and you miss weeks and fruit-stages (is 2P the size of a grapefruit? kumquat? cantaloupe? Who knows!). All I know is that 2P is a lovely size to serve as a seat for Mikayla when I carry her around. (Not the last time she'll sit on her little sibling, I'm sure.)
Sunday, October 16 (17.5 weeks):
Ignoring my dire need of a haircut for a moment, I think we can agree that hello, 2P!
For the record, since I use this blog as a journal of sorts (I'm turning many of my previous entries into a Pregnancy Scrapbook for Mikayla), I have only gained about six pounds so far. I lost about five pounds right off the bat due to morning sickness, gained it back around the end of the first trimester, and now have gained another six. This is a serious improvement over my rapid and ongoing weight gain with Mikayla; I am hoping to gain about half of what I did with her, which was about 50 pounds. (Yes, seriously. What in the world.)
In other news, from the sounds I'm hearing right this second, Mikayla can apparently reach the doorknob of her room from the comfort of her crib. I'm pretty sure she can't actually, you know, get out.
Guess I'd better go check. Still no time for navel-gazing for this momma...
SDG!
Okay, I miss you and the ever growing Mikayla and 2P. You look beautiful!
ReplyDelete