Poor little 2P is starting life at a disadvantage. With Mikayla, I worked full-time at the hospital through my first trimester, and while I thought it was the worst thing EVER to drag myself in there at 8:00 a.m. every day (I still don't disagree with that opinion), I did get free breakfast at least two mornings a week in the hospital cafeteria. My standard order was two scrambled with green pepper and cheese. Nowadays, my breakfast often consists of a small handful of cheerios and the stray oatmeal and yogurt I lick off my fingers while I feed Mikayla. Perhaps a few slices of banana if I'm feeling selfish. But this morning? This:
(Yes, I took the photo on the couch.
I may have cooked breakfast, but that doesn't mean I'm completely civilized.)
I recreated my old favorite. Why don't I make breakfast every day?? Oh wait...because I have an eight month old who waits for no man (or pregnant lady) when it comes to nursing, diaper change, and breakfast in rapid succession. Phew. By the time she goes down for her nap at 9, I am often ready to do the same. But occasionally, hunger wins out and I actually make breakfast for myself. Yesterday I was all motivated to eat, and discovered that my box of cereal was gone. It had been long enough that Joel managed to finish my frosted shredded wheat. Sigh. We have also gone through a gallon or two of milk since the cereal came home, so I guess I shouldn't have been terribly surprised.
Anyway, off to eat my two scrambled with green pepper and cheese (emphasis on the cheese, obv) before my daughter wakes up. Five minutes ago. The life of a blessed momma :).

No comments:
Post a Comment