Here we are, beginning our third trimester together, and I truly feel as though we are together. As I feel you daily kicking and moving about, watch my belly jump and twitch with your movements, I am feeling closer and closer to you. Your life is becoming ever more real to me, and I can just picture your little body in there preparing to emerge into your daddy's and my arms. I can imagine you already beginning to flex your active little personality. When I place my hand just to the right of my belly button, I can feel a part of you that I think might be your head...or your rump, because the big twitches all happen to the left where your feet could be! That I can place my hand upon you and feel you through my belly grows my love for you, if that is possible. What will it be like when I see you face to face??
Your daddy and I are doing so much to prepare for you. We are learning all about the nutrition and exercises I should be practicing now to be ready for the hard work of your birth. I have been watching videos of natural child birth, and thinking about the miracle of you entering the world. Little one, I don't know what our birth experience will be like exactly, but it will be truly a miracle. It will be beautiful. We will accomplish it together, or more accurately, the Lord will accomplish it through our bodies working together to bring you into the outside world. The more I learn about the birth process, the more I marvel at the Lord's design. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, my loved one, and my body is wonderfully made to nourish you and to deliver you into my arms.
There you are again, communicating with me in the only way you can right now. I love you so much! I wish I could tell you so that you can understand, but you will have to wait and learn, slowly, that my very act of carrying you, birthing you, changing your diapers and nursing you, are all my ways of telling you that I love you until we can say this with words to one another. Throughout all the days of your life, I hope that you never, ever doubt that my heart is overflowing with love for you. I pray that the Lord uses this earthen vessel to bless you richly and to teach you in some small way the love of your heavenly Father.

To my beloved son or daughter,
Love,
Your grateful mama
No comments:
Post a Comment