And Comeback!

I'm not the superstitious type, but I'm almost afraid to write about what happened this morning. As I say "this morning" I'm checking the time and, sure enough, it's only 12:45. Almost everything I'm about to recount happened in the last 5 hours, and most of it before lunch. Hold onto your hotdogs, kids, it's about to get crazy in here.

Or rather, it was crazy until this five minute blogging break.

This morning, I had started a load of laundry and put away all the clean dishes before 8:00 a.m. Then, I ate a nutritious, protein-packed breakfast before rounding up the next load of laundry and doing the ironing. I caught up on my nutrition diary (hence the healthy breakfast - writing down your entire food intake has a funny way of....keeping you accountable...hmmm...tricky). The entire downstairs is even freshly dusted. Then, and here's where I hope you're sitting down, I sorted through the stacks of psychology journals that have been waiting my attention since - not kidding - 2008. The end of 2008, but still. Joel might have a certifiable myocardial infarction when he finds out.

And now? Third load of laundry's in the dryer, and when I've finished folding and ironing what's in front of me it'll be on to the last load of the day. Too bad Niko's sitting on my lap, I'm powerless to move a purring kitty. Her presence on my tummy also makes the baby kick exponentially more, which is not something I complain about (during waking hours).

So...anybody have an explanation for what's going on with me today? I am a completely, radically different person from Monday and Tuesday. I realize it's sunny outside as opposed to miserably and torrentially hurricaning, but could that be it? Really I don't think the weather is a sufficient cause for tears on the way to the local nursing home.

Well, enough speculating. On with the housekeeping!

Or, you know, a well-earned nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment