Bottomless Breakfast Buffet

Let's play a little game. (That feels like a line from a super creepy movie. Is it?) I'll list a breakfast menu, you guess which child ate which meal.

A) Two waffles, one apple, one clementine, one bowl of cheerios with milk, a partial pancake

B) Two pancakes

C) Three pancakes, one apple*, one clementine, one bowl of cheerios with milk

*Joel told me about the apple after I originally published this post.

Joel, do you see why I struggle with the grocery budget? I apparently started out with very little grasp of the quantity of food consumed by people under five years old. And still learning.

This also explains why breakfast takes a sweet hour and a half. If you ever roll up to our house at the crack of 10:00 and we are in pajamas, it's because people won't stop eating long enough to get dressed like civilized preschoolers.

I won't lie, though, there is something about filling your children's bellies full of delicious food that is the perfect mother's love language. The moods brighten, the laughter grows louder, and even if it takes all morning to get there, the "Thank you for breakfast, mommy!" and post-wipe-down smooches never get old.

Oh, the answers to the quiz are: A) Mikayla B) Oliver C) Isaac

Momma wolfed down two pancakes, two leftover clementine segments, and a cup of cool coffee in between refilling all the other plates and cups and peeling fruit. That caffeine is welcome to kick in aaaaany time!

Stay tuned, we've got some projecty goodness planned for you. A little painting, a little organization, some miscellaneous crafting. It's going to be a busy week, Lord-willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment