It was all well and good until I discovered raisins in the rice cereal. I guess we can't blame a helpful big sister for wanting to share her favorite foods with her baby brother. But I did start to look more carefully at the spoon before popping it into Isaac's mouth!
This was such a neat little time for all of us, so I grabbed my phone and caught a few pictures. A video is forthcoming, as soon as I upload it. Incidentally, I bought myself a few minutes to write this post by allowing Mikayla to watch the video repeatedly on my phone. I'm even letting her hold the phone. Momma magic!
So excited to eat with her little brother!
As Mikayla would say, Isaac is ready to "eat!" because he's wearing his "beeb!"
"Bowl, Ikey, more!"
Isaac was just amazingly chill through the whole experience. He is already showing good progress in slurping food off of his spoon and swallowing it easily, even a slightly thicker puree. He didn't cry or show much of any emotion, even when Mikayla poked his empty spoon repeatedly into his mouth. He did, however, giggle at her as she did tricks with her sippy cup and crackers. It was something of a guessing game to determine when he was finished. No spitting up, and he had a great nap after breakfast this morning, so I think he enjoys having a fuller belly!
Now off to rescue my phone from toddler hands, and to put Isaac down for an afternoon nap where he will no doubt spend the first twenty minutes doing acrobatics in his crib. What a roller! And he is SO close to sitting up - he is fairly stable, but slumps forward.
Thinking back to last summer, I can't help but think...isn't this about when I was announcing another pregnancy? Six month old baby, just starting to sit and eat...what are we waiting for? My goodness. I don't think I even realized at the time just how crazy that was. But our cup is so full with these precious little ones who so obviously LOVE each other! Speaking of whom...gotta run!
Thinking back to last summer, I can't help but think...isn't this about when I was announcing another pregnancy? Six month old baby, just starting to sit and eat...what are we waiting for? My goodness. I don't think I even realized at the time just how crazy that was. But our cup is so full with these precious little ones who so obviously LOVE each other! Speaking of whom...gotta run!
No comments:
Post a Comment