I am not usually one to post simply because I haven't in awhile, but I really feel the need to sweep a few cobwebs out of here before the big 6 month update (coming soon!). We are blessed to have been SUPER BUSY lately, not only with our sweet Mikayla in all her solid-food-eating glory (and the corresponding...diaper changes, if you will), but also enjoying tons of good food and fellowship during this beautiful Lancaster summer.
We were sad to say goodbye to my sister, her husband, and their two little ones (well...one is still inside Brittany's tummy for ease of transport, but he counts!) as they moved away about a week ago. They have been on a whirlwind adventure with Kory's Chick Fil A manager training program, which involved a three-week class in Atlanta followed by a graduation-day assignment. Meaning, yes, they found out on a Friday just when and where he would begin a new job. So that you catch the full impact of this, Brittany is entering her third trimester of pregnancy and they had the possibility of being placed anywhere. in. the. country. Mercy. So...it turns out, they had all of four days to get their hineys not to the west coast, but to our old stomping ground of western PA! That's right, they were assigned to a store in the Monroeville mall, so that my parents are easily able to help with Khloe and all the new baby hoo-ha come September. The Lord just continues to provide, provide, provide. As I said to Brittany, isn't it funny how He is always faithful, just like He promises, and somehow we always seem to feel amazed and relieved when He does? How just like a wee, little human being I am.
The upshot to saying goodbye is that I was blessed to spend some extra time with Brittany and Khloe (while Kory was at his class) helping them to pack up. We shared some meals together (with Kory, too) in the last days since I personally boxed her entire kitchen and just didn't think it would be right to sentence her to nothing but Chinese takeout in her condition. (Although thinking about this now...Chinese food while pregnant is basically like heaven. So, sorry Britt!) And Brittany and Kory decided to bless us like CRAZY by unloading their dining room table and widescreen TV on us, since they are moving to a furnished place. Honestly, I am more excited about the table because it has allowed us to extend hospitality that was previously impossible for us, especially in our Church of Large Families. Well that and we have to give the TV back eventually...
What else am I thankful for?
Our sweet friend Deborah who babysat (and washed our dishes. Seriously people.) and allowed Joel and me to go concerting and fireworking at Long's Park on Sunday night.
Joel's parents who came to visit on the fourth, and the Troxells who helped us eat some delicious brats (and hot dogs for their girls, who are not brats, for the record).
A flexible job that allowed me to stay home today to get over a little stomach bug. And a sweet daughter who didn't mind lying on momma's bed and playing with the same four toys ALL day til dadda got home from work to mix things up a little. Best company I've ever had on a sick day!
The young ladies of our church who are turning out to be rather insightful and SO much fun to hang out with at our Bible studies and other events this summer. And their moms, who could not be more supportive and helpful of the girls' ministry endeavors as we seek to cultivate Proverbs 31 womanhood. I am really looking forward to baking pies this Friday with whoever can come!
I feel like I could go on and on, but right now I am singularly thankful for the sound of the back door and keys hitting the counter, that let me know Joel is home and ready to hang out (and maybe let me beat him at a game, since I was sick today.) Glory to God for His goodness to us, even when it takes the form of stomach bugs and bittersweet goodbyes...
I am now on the third reading of this post. You are such a gifted writer, and I'm glad you seem to be feeling better from the creepy crud, but most of all I am so thankful for the gracious, wonderful God whom we serve together.
ReplyDeleteAmen, Mom, I am continuously amazed and humbled by His goodness to us (like every time I go to get my smiley daughter up from a nap, which is often!). Can't wait to see you this week :).
ReplyDelete