Apparently there is mommy lingo to learn, the most poignant of which is currently "CIO", or "cry it out". I am pleased, nay, ecstatic to report that Mikayla just "CIO" for the first time this morning. I thought I'd try it for a nap before endeavoring a CIO bedtime, in case the experience turned out to be particularly harrowing. And guess what?? She CIO for about six minutes, in near hysterics, and then became totally silent. If it were not for my video baby monitor, I would have been concerned that she had suddenly cried herself to death. Literally. Not funny. The places my mind goes are not always pretty, as any longtime blog reader knows.
So after the six minutes and then a few minutes of silence, she whimpered softly a couple of times and then was OUT. The whole process took under 15 minutes!
I may or may not have required duct tape and Xanax to keep myself out of her room while she CIO.
But the end result is that I feel sooooo liberated from the tyranny of the nuk wars!! I am a CIO momma!! Praise the Lord!
What? You think I'm overusing my new acronym? Too bad, why don't you go CIO...
SDG!
No comments:
Post a Comment